Tis the Season to be.... Sparkly


It is officially the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas music is on the radio, trees are decorated and neighborhoods are all lit up. While most houses are decorated in reds and greens for the Christmas holiday, I’ve decided to take a different approach: Winter Wonderland. 
I used only white and silver decorations, which makes everything elegant and timeless. Since I will be traveling to my parent’s house over my break, I actually won’t be home during the Christmas holiday. I’ve decided to decorate anyways because I am hosting a party next weekend for my fellow classmates. But this theme also allows me to keep my decorations up a little longer than I usually would.

My favorite Christmas decoration is essentially anything with glitter. I love the way the light reflects off of the decorations and brings a sense of glamour to the room. And the best part about it, you can find inexpensive decorations and make your house look like a million bucks!

I love a simple Christmas tree: elegant, classy and not too much clutter. To stick with my Winter Wonderland theme, I chose silver ornaments that came in packs with both shiny and glittery baubles, and glittery snowflakes. I purchased 4 containers each at $4 from Big Lots, and I had plenty leftover. I wanted to add another dimension without sticking with the traditional garland or popcorn, so I used an extra set of lights and tied tulle around each bulb, which created almost a snowy feel. I think it added a really nice touch to the tree!

Don’t put away the leftover ornaments! I used some extra baubles to decorate my table. Since I’m on a tight budget, I used a similar set up with the pillar candles as I did for Thanksgiving; I just switched candles and took out the leaves. Instead of using potpourri, I threw in some ornaments for a vase filler. My table is now simple, but very pretty!

I really like using artificial flowers as decoration, and I wanted to incorporate an arrangement into the decorations somehow. I love finding pieces that fit well together! Hobby Lobby was having a sale on Christmas decorations, so I took a little trip to see what I could find. Keeping with the theme, I found a white poinsettia flower and some silver leaves and twigs covered in glitter (of course) and arranged them in a vase. Adding some white and silver pebbles completed the look, and now the arrangement complements the rest of my decorations across the room.

If you haven’t started decorating yet, break out the Christmas music and make your house festive! I will be sure blog about the Christmas party and how to execute your theme to make your party stand out from all of the others!

Happy Holidays!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Plans to Inspire © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects